mShopper’s mission as a world class mobile commerce provider is to deliver a m-commerce platform that makes shopping on a mobile phone easy for retailers’ mobile shoppers.
For retailers, mShopper knows that going mobile can be an overwhelming proposition. Many different devices to adjust for, a shopper with unique behaviors, and new and untested marketing tools such as SMS marketing and redirect codes. Plus, the decision of building it in-house, using your e-commerce provider, hiring a project-based mobile developer, or going with a self-service mobile expert. mShopper has designed a solution that makes all of these worries disappear.
For mobile shoppers, mShopper knows that they want simplicity, helpful shopping features, and speed. Nothing fancier than that. mShopper has created the mStore to give them a simple, fast, and enjoyable shopping experience.
Sit back and relax. You’re in the hands of experts that have been helping retailers sell to mobile shoppers since 2007.
How We Began
mShopper was founded in late-2006 by former Virgin Mobile executive and current CEO, David Gould, when he realized that the next revolution in shopping would happen from increasingly mobile consumers and their obsession with mobile phones.
In 2007, before the launch of the industry-changing iPhone, mShopper launched a price-comparison mobile shopping mall for consumers called PriceCrusher. mShopper worked with more than 100 retailers of all sizes — from Macy’s, Target, and Office Depot, to small merchants — to source the deals for the mobile mall. The mobile mall listed more than 15 million SKUs. mShopper was the first mobile commerce company to aggregate amazing deals from multiple retailers in one mobile-friendly website with a common shopper account for easy checkout and repeat purchases. Monthly site traffic soon surpassed 100,000 mobile shoppers as the word spread about an easy-to-use and centralized location for mobile shopping.
Since mobile was just emerging as a marketing and sales channel, retailers turned to mShopper from the beginning to help understand and sell to their mobile shoppers. As a result, mShopper has always been focused on educating retailers on mobile commerce and providing the best practices of selling products to the unique mobile shopper — not just providing world-class technology.
With this B2C experience, mShopper adapted its technology in 2010 to help retailers build their own mobile storefronts with all of the powerful conversion-focused features of the mobile mall. Now, any retailer with a simple listing of their products can be selling to mobile shoppers within days using a self-service dashboard to create a customize, powerful, and easy-to-use mStore. Mobile Commerce Made Easy is our tagline and web address, but it’s also the main purpose of our company.
mShopper is now one of the leading US mobile commerce solution providers, delivering an easy-to-use mobile shopping software solution that allows retailers to create a customized, feature- packed mobile-commerce site (not app) that works beautifully on all smartphones and tablets. No IT investment is needed—just a merchant’s product data feed. The software also includes patent-pending tools to quickly build a database of mobile subscribers, send them product alerts via text message, promote deals-of-the-day, and drive traffic from both current and new shoppers. Our portfolio of clients features more than 70 registered online shops including Beretta, Jelly Belly, Woolrich, and Aerosoles just to name a few. mShopper currently adapts to more than 1,100 different screen displays, including the most popular iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
What Sets Us Apart
- E-commerce Connection via Data Feeds: Our software works with any e-commerce site, whether it’s home-grown and highly customized or licensed from a vendor. The key is mShopper’s use of a data feed, or product listing in excel, that can be easily exported from any e-commerce site. Most retailers already prepare and distribute feeds to online shopping sites. mShopper already integrates with common feed formats (e.g. Google), data feed providers (e.g. SingleFeed), and affiliate networks (e.g., CJ, Linkshare.)
- No IT: Your IT team does not need to be involved thanks to mShopper’s use of data feeds and order processing by live order queue . IT options are available — check out our suite of APIs for real-time custom integration – – and are often used shortly after launch, but are not necessary to start selling
- No Budget: No capital budget is needed to create an mStore. mShopper’s performance-based pricing options and six years of investment into world-class software makes launching an mStore relatively painless for your bottom line
- Speed: The absence of IT plus mShopper’s investment in powerful mobile-site building software and an easy-to-use Dashboard reduces the time to start selling from 3-6 months to as little as 3-6 hours
- Marketing Focus: We are absolutely focused on helping you drive more traffic to your mStore and constantly increasing conversion rates. Our software includes tools to promote your mStore and build your SMS database and we focus heavily on training before and after you start selling
- Performance-Based Pricing: mShopper clients have the option of shifting the majority of their costs to a pay-for-performance model, an mShopper exclusive. Since mShopper data show that most mStore shoppers are new to the brand, it’s a no-brainer for our clients to pay a small fee for the acquisition of new customers. But hey, some people like absolute certainty in their monthly pricing, so we gladly offer flat-rate pricing as well
- Critical Thinking
- Increasing Mobile Commerce Sales
- mConnect Mobile Database
- Mobile Commerce
- Mobile Commerce Case Studies
- Mobile Commerce Trends
- Mobile Marketing
- mShopper In The News
- mShopper in the News
- New mShopper Features
- Other Mobile Commerce Posts
- Selecting a Mobile Commerce Solution
sdf on The Economics Of Permissioned Mobile Phone Numbers This is very fascinating, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined ...
Kennith on What’s Causing The Missing 1% In Mobile Commerce Conversion Rates? FANTASTIC Post.thanks for share.more wait
Mable on mShopper adds Curated Sale pages to other holiday merchandising tools There's definately a lot to find out about this topic. I ...