Key Elements of a Mobile Storefront
Your mobile storefront is often the most popular mobile landing page for smartphone traffic visiting your E-commerce site. And just like when your team is building your standard E-Commerce site, there will be as many opinions as there are people when it comes to deciding what elements should appear where on that precious mobile home page. A rigorous review of your E-commerce analytics data can really help drive such discussions. What elements bounce people? Which seem to drive greater engagement? And never forget the 5 “P’s” of marketing, remembering that in this case, the ‘people’ are mobile and the ‘place’ is less about a physical locality and more about context. Having these essential elements strategically placed on your mobile storefront is key to reducing your mobile bounce rate and increasing your mobile add to cart rate.
With the above in mind, here are definite key elements every successful mobile storefront needs to include:
- A “mobile-first”, hybrid responsive design that works for all mobile devices (but is NOT optimized for E-Com sites)
- High definition, clickable/swipeable image-based navigation that clearly identifies the most important and popular product categories and sections to on your site. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words!
- Fly-in navigation menus that are universally accessible from any page in your site, so your customers have access to critical navigation elements without ever having to go backwards in their shopping session
- An easy-to-access, prominent search box so your mobile shoppers can find exactly what they are looking for
- Hot deals within rotating banner display ads that are timely, well-designed and contextually relevant to your mobile shoppers
- Essential calls to action like links to sign up for your SMS marketing program or a store locator function
- Fast page load times as it is essential that your mobile visitors’ first experiences with your site are great ones
Through rigorous testing and analysis, we’ve determined the above are essential features of a mobile storefront. What have you found to be most effective on your mobile storefront? Answer in the comments below!